The purpose of this policy is to inform users of the South Weber City (“South Weber” or “City”) website (“Website”) regarding the collection and use of personally identifiable information.
Definition of Personally Identifiable Information
For the purposes of this policy, “personally identifiable information” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual who is the subject of the information, such as:
– First and last name;
– Physical address;
– Email address;
– Telephone number;
– Social Security number;
– Credit card information;
– Account Number(s)
– Bank account information; or
– Any combination of personal information that could be used to determine identity.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
Persons are not required to provide personal information to visit this Website or to download information. Any personally identifiable information that the City may have requested from you to use certain services provided by this Website is handled as it would be on an in-person visit to the City’s offices. Personally identifiable information will only be used by the City, its entities, and third-party agents with whom it has contracted to perform a City function or service.
The City is subject to specific disclosure requirements of the public records it maintains under Chapter 2, Title 63 of the Utah Code, titled the “Government Records Access and Management Act” (“GRAMA”). The City may also be subject to other sections of the Utah Code and federal laws controlling confidentiality issues.
Collection of Other Information
Like most sites, this Website may automatically collect standard statistical information. This information includes data like your IP (Internet Protocol) address, browser type, pages accessed, and duration of the visit. The City may use this information for qualitative and quantitative research to improve this Website and other services. This Website does not attempt to gain personally identifiable information from users and associate that information with IP addresses.
Protection of Personally Identifiable Information
The City is committed to data security of personally identifiable information that is either available from or collected by this Website. The City has taken reasonable precautions to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, or alteration, not subject to disclosure by applicable law. However, data transmissions over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Use of E-mail Addresses
The City, its staff, or its contractors may use personally identifiable information, such as e-mail addresses, submitted on this Website to send you emergency information or other important notices. The City will not disclose, sell, trade, or rent your e-mail addresses or other personally identifiable information to outside parties. The City may maintain e-mail or other information requests sent to this Website in order to respond to the request, forward that request to the appropriate department, communicate updates to the City page that may be of interest to citizens, or provide the City web designer with valuable customer feedback to assist in improving this Website. Individual users of this Website may “opt out” from receiving these communications at any time.
Mobile Messaging Terms and Conditions
1. Program Description: We may send promotional and transactional mobile messages in
various formats through the Program. Promotional messages advertise and promote our
products and services and may include [promotions, specials, and other marketing offers]. Transactional messages relate to an existing or ongoing transaction and may include [order notifications and updates, appointment reminders, and other transaction-related information]. Mobile messages may be sent using an automated technology, including an autodialer, automated system, or automatic telephone dialing system. Message frequency will vary [but will not exceed 3 messages per month]. You agree that we may send you messages regarding the foregoing topics or any topic and that such messages and/or calls may be made or placed using different telephone numbers or short codes. We do not charge for mobile messages sent through the Program but you are responsible for any message and data rates imposed by your mobile provider, as standard data and message rates may apply for SMS and MMS alerts.
2. User Opt-In: By providing your mobile phone number to us, you are voluntarily opting in to
the Program and you agree to receive recurring mobile messages from us at the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in, even if such number is registered on any state or federal “Do Not Call” list. You agree that any mobile phone number you provide to us is a valid mobile phone number of which you are the owner or authorized user. If you change your mobile phone number or are no longer the owner or authorized user of the mobile phone number, you agree to promptly notify us at 801.479.3177.
3. User Opt-Out and Support: You may opt-out of the Program at any time. If you wish to opt out of the Program and stop receiving mobile messages from us, or you no longer agree to these Mobile Messaging Terms, reply STOP, QUIT, CANCEL, OPT-OUT, and/or UNSUBSCRIBE to any mobile message from us. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request and you may receive a one-time opt-out confirmation message. You understand and agree that the foregoing is the only reasonable method of opting out. For support, reply HELP to any mobile message from us. Our mobile messaging platform may not recognize requests that modify the foregoing commands, and you agree that we and our service providers will not be liable for failing to honor requests that do not comply with the requirements in these Mobile Messaging Terms. We may also change the telephone number or short code we use to operate the Program and we will notify you of any such change. You acknowledge that any requests sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed may not be received by us and we will not be responsible for failing to honor a request sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed.
4. Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability: The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis and may not be available in all areas, at all times, or on all mobile providers. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any mobile message or information sent through the Program.
5. Modifications: We may modify or cancel the Program or any of its features at any time, with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Messaging Terms at any time. Any such modification will take effect when it is posted to our website. You agree to review these Mobile Messaging Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued participation in the Program will constitute your acceptance of those modifications
Changes to this Policy