Planning Commission Vacancy 2024
Our city thrives on forward-thinking, community-focused decisions. At the heart of these decisions is the Planning Commission. This body plays an integral role in shaping our city’s future, ensuring that we grow sustainably and that our communities flourish.
Duration: Partial Term (1 month) January 2024 and then a 3-year term, beginning February 1st.
Note: It’s possible for a member to serve a term shorter than three years in order to maintain staggered term schedules or to fill a prematurely vacated seat.
- Participate actively in regular and special Planning Commission meetings.
- Review, deliberate, and provide recommendations on matters of land use, zoning, and city planning.
- Collaborate with city staff, stakeholders, and the public to gather information and feedback on planning issues.
- Uphold the city’s goals and vision in all planning decisions.
- All applicants must be residents of our city.
- Members can serve a maximum of two consecutive 3-year terms.
- Former members must have a gap of at least one year since their last service on the Planning Commission before they can be considered for re-appointment.
Selection Process: Appointments are made by Mayor and consent of the City Council after reviewing all applications and conducting interviews.
Meeting Schedule: Planning Commission meetings are held the 2nd Thursday of every month beginning at 6:00 p.m. Special meetings may be scheduled as well as occasional joint meetings with the City Council. You will need to set aside these evenings to ensure you are in attendance. Agendas and related backup documents are provided via email the week prior to each meeting.
How to Apply:
Submit a Letter of Interest detailing why you wish to serve on the Planning Commission.
Attach any relevant qualifications or experiences related to city planning, public policy, community involvement, or similar.
Submit the above through the link at the bottom of the page.
Deadline: November 13, 2023
For further questions about the role or the application process, please contact the City Planner’s Office at email@example.com or 801.479.3177 x2221.
Apply For Planning Commission