The time to prepare for a disaster is before the disaster happens!
Are you Ready?
South Weber City asks you to embrace the personal responsibility to be prepared.
Personal and family preparedness could involve the following tasks:
- Consider taking a Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) class
- Developing a household preparedness plan and disaster supplies kits
- Implementing disaster mitigation measures
- Know who your Block Captain is (Click here for the latest map)
- Observing home health and safety practices
- Participating in crime prevention and reporting crime in your neighborhood
Test your Readiness IQ
Are you ready to leave your home at a moment’s notice? Consider…
- Do you have a Disaster Supply Kit with water, food and medicine in a designated place in your home?
- What about a small kit with emergency supplies in your car?
- Do you have a family communications plan, such as walkie-talkies, in case land and cell phone lines are down?
- Have you practiced or drilled on what to do in an emergency at home?
- Have you and your family agreed upon a specific meeting place in the event you’re evacuated or become separated from friends and family?
- Finally, have you taken first aid training such as CPR in the last five years?
Visit Be Ready Utah to see how ready YOU are and learn specific steps you can take to better prepare yourself and your family, as well as things you can do to encourage your community, schools and workplace to be better prepared. The first step is to review the 12 Point Disaster Plan and assess where you are in this process.