Permits & Applications
- Addition or Outbuilding Application Plan Check fee $47
- Basement Application Plan Check fee $47
- Commercial Application (Must submit 2 sets of plans) Plan Check Fee $100
- Demolition Permit Application $594 MUST provide Asbestos Certificate & “ACCEPTED” Demolition Notification Form from the Department of Air Quality HERE along with Demolition Permit Application (Permit Valid for 30 Days from Date of Issuance)
- Electrical & Mechanical-Application (water heater/AC/electrical panel upgrade) Will be emailed next business day if applicationis emailed during normal business hours. . Fee $47.47 + $50 Completion Bond ($97.47).Bond refunded upon passed final inspection. This is mailed automatically approx 4 wks after inspection.
- Electrical Meter Mounted Device Application Packet (with info). Permit Fee $47.47 + $50 Completion Bond ($97.47)
- Multi-Unit Application Plan Check Fee $100
- Single Family Dwelling Plan Check Fee $100
- Swimming Pool Application Plan Check Fee $47
- Temporary Sign Application Plan Check Fee $47
- Water Application-Construction Use Only
Instructions: Fill in all items in the left column completely and legibly. When ready to submit application please be sure to:
•Include plan check fee (cash or check only)
•One set of electronic site plan with all setbacks shown, floor plans/construction drawings, stamped engineer plans and stamped structural calculations.
•Email to firstname.lastname@example.org . •Please call 801-479-3177 ext. 2205 or email email@example.com to verify receipt of permit application once sent.
Other Items to Note
•Dust control requirements must be submitted with every permit application performing work outside.
•If the owner is acting as the general contractor, you must have an owner as non-licensed builder form notarized and submitted.
•Notify the City if you change contractors or choose to cancel your application.
*Builder Water (culinary water only) is Required at or around the 4 way stage on all new Single Family Dwellings prior to the need for water. Jumpers are strictly forbidden in South Weber City. Using a jumper will incur a $200 tampering charge. The application is shown above (Water Application-Construction Use Only
•Not sure if you need a permit? See our Do I Need a Building Permit? cheatsheet.
- Design Criteria
- Dust Control
- Fire Chief Review only as required.
- Inspection Instructions Call one day ahead to set inspections. You may choose am or pm. All reports will be emailed. No inspections Fridays!
- Owner Acting as Builder (If you are not a licensed contractor and will be performing the work as the owner)
- Public Works Standards
- Secondary Water Zones
- Site Plan Example
- Appeal Land Use Application
- Conditional Use Application (all but Short Term Rental)
- Conditional Use for Short Term Rental
- Demolition Application Asbestos Report required
- Excavation Permit Application (any cutting to curb or asphalt/Approach only does not require permit) Attach location drawing of proposed work.
- Subdivision Process Overview Chart/ Subdivision Development Process Details
- Submission Deadlines for Planning Commission
- Variance Request Application
- Zone Change Application ( Instructions)